Cognitive-Behavior Therapy for Children and Adolescents (Inc Dvd)$192.00 Paperback (inc DVD)
Add to cartQuestions?
- Cognitive-Behavior Therapy for Children and Adolescents (Inc Dvd)This unique work provides readers with the defining fundamentals of CBT in an accessible, down-to-earth style.
Age Range: 5 to 18
Cognitive-Behavior Therapy for Children and Adolescents provides readers with the defining fundamentals of CBT in an accessible, down-to-earth style. In addition, a well-integrated, developmentally appropriate approach is detailed for a number of the mental disorders and conditions that are most common among children and adolescents. This unique work provides the following:
- Explications of innovative CBT techniques in the treatment of children with chronic physical illness and depressive, bipolar, anxiety (including OCD and PTSD), eating, elimination, and disruptive behaviour disorders
- A comprehensive chapter features the clinical implications and applications of combining CBT with psychopharmacological treatment
- Videos on the accompanying DVD demonstrate CBT techniques with children or adolescents with depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorder, medical illness, and disruptive behaviour disorder
- Guidance for integrating parents and families into the child’s treatment is shared for every disorder covered in the book
- Extensive case examples, key clinical points, and self-assessment questions and answers will further equip readers to effectively and thoughtfully apply CBT
- Useful chapter appendixes include accessible tables of CBT concepts; patient and parent handouts; and clinical exercises, activities, and tools that further augment the text
- Finally, because factors such as race, ethnicity, religion, immigration status, and sexual orientation may affect the therapeutic relationship, diagnosis, and treatment of patients, a separate chapter on conducting effective CBT with culturally diverse children and adolescents is provided.
Clinicians will gain a robust understanding of CBT practice with children and adolescents—so that they can also do it—and do it effectively. This unique, easy-to-use guide is an invaluable and worthy reference for all mental health practitioners who work with children and adolescents. No other text on the subject will match it.
Table of Contents
Cognitive behavioral therapy: an introduction.
Developmental considerations across childhood.
Culturally diverse children and adolescents.
Combined CBT and psychopharmacology.
Depression and suicidal behavior.
Childhood anxiety disorders: the coping cat program.
Pediatric posttraumatic stress disorder.
Obsessive compulsive disorder.
Chronic physical illness: inflammatory bowel disease as a prototype.
Obesity and depression: a focus on polycystic ovary syndrome.
Disruptive behavior disorders.
Enuresis and encopresis.
Appendix 1: self-assessment questions and answers.