Can I tell you about Stuttering?: A Guide for Friends, Family and Professionals$23.99 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Can I tell you about Stuttering?Harry invites readers to learn about what it is like to stutter from his perspective, how it affects daily life & makes him feel.
Meet Harry, a young boy who stutters. Harry invites readers to learn about what it is like to stutter from his perspective and how it affects his daily life and makes him feel. He talks about techniques that can help reduce stuttering and describes how friends, family and others can help him to feel at ease and reduce his stutter further.
This illustrated book is full of useful information and will be an ideal introduction for young people, aged 7 upwards, as well as parents, friends, teachers and speech therapists working with children who stutter. It is also an excellent starting point for group discussions at home or school.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Harry who has a stutter.
- Speaking in school.
- Good days and bad days.
- Feeling frustrated and lonely.
- Learning to overcome a stutter.
- Overt and covert stuttering.
- How to help. Recommended reading, websites and organisations.