Bullying Solutions: Universal and Individual Strategies$185.00 Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
- Bullying SolutionsA multitiered approach with universal procedures plus strategies for intervening with students who bully & for students who are targeted
Age Range: 5 to 18
Bullying is a pervasive problem that negatively affects all students, including those who bully, those who are targeted, and bystanders. This resource allows you to take a multitiered approach that encompasses universal procedures, strategies for intervening with students who bully, and strategies for intervening with students who are targeted.
Evaluate your existing bullying procedures and policies to determine whether your school is using an effective and comprehensive approach. The universal procedures in Bullying Solutions explain how to:
- Structure settings, policies, and procedures to prevent bullying from occurring and ensure a co-ordinated and effective response to bullying incidents.
- Teach students, families, and staff about bullying.
- Effectively observe and monitor student behaviour, and collect data on incidents of bullying.
- Interact positively with students to increase engagement, school connectedness, and responsible student behaviour.
- Correct students fluently when bullying occurs.
35 INTERVENTION STRATEGIES FOR STUDENTS WHO BULLY
These strategies are for use with individual students or groups who exhibit bullying behaviour and includes:
- Setting event strategies that target situations or conditions that increase the likelihood of bullying.
- Antecedent strategies that address events, times, places, people, and activities that occur immediately before the student’s bullying behaviour.
- Teaching strategies that provide the student with positive replacement behaviours.
- Positive consequence strategies that provide incentives and motivation for the student to use replacement behaviours.
- Corrective consequence strategies that increase the consistency and efficacy of corrective consequences that are implemented when bullying occurs.
10 INTERVENTION STRATEGIES FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE TARGETED
Bullying Solutions includes 10 strategies specifically designed to support students who are targets of bullying. This resource provides suggestions for helping these students:
- Know how to recognise, respond to, and report bullying
- Increase engagement in school
- Develop needed social or coping skills
- Receive assessment or referral for other services (e.g., mental health or other supports)