Building Expressive Language SkillsRRP - $73.95 Our Price - $69.95 Spiral Bound
Add to cartQuestions?
- Building Expressive Language SkillsThe activities in this book can be used to develop proficiency in both structural & functional aspects of communication
Age Range: 5 to 16
This book includes pictures and stimulus materials that can be used to develop proficiency in both the structural and functional (pragmatic) aspects of communication. The activities are designed primarily for use with language-impaired children who have difficulty formulating grammatical sentences, sequencing information, or using vocabulary effectively to achieve specific goals. Skills emphasised include asking questions, describing, giving definitions, telling stories, making comparisons, giving explanations, and using basic language structures such as pronouns, the present progressive, and regular/irregular past tense verbs.
The goals of the book are to enable students to:
- develop greater precision in the use of vocabulary;
- sequence information appropriately during oral communication;
- provide sufficient information to the listener to convey messages effectively;
- function effectively in roles as listener and speaker during dialogues with others in a variety of communication situations.