Boyfriends & Girlfriends: A Guide To Dating For People With DisabilitiesRRP - $35.95 Our Price - $29.95 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
Everyone knows that dipping your toe in the dating pond can be a little intimidating without first seeking some expert advice! And that's exactly what Terri Couwenhoven delivers in her new book written expressly for teens and adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities. Boyfriends & Girlfriends explains the dos and don'ts of dating and validates their normal, age-appropriate desire for companionship and romance.
The book covers the biggest questions and smallest concerns of every would-be dater, including:
- Who is an appropriate dating partner & who is not
- How to read signals & judge whether the interest is mutual
- How to ask someone out on a date
- How to turn down a date
- How to handle rejection
- What sexual feelings are
- How to work through problems in a relationship
- What to do when a relationship is not working
Written and illustrated for a hi/lo reader, Boyfriends & Girlfriends is perfect for anyone who is already in a relationship, ready to start one, or still only dreaming about it. The guide is also an informative read for parents, counsellors, and other support providers.
"Boyfriends & Girlfriends is another must buy by Terri Couwenhoven for parents and professionals caring for adolescents and young adults with Down syndrome or other intellectual disabilities. It provides an entry way to discuss the sensitive area of dating and sensuality issues broken down into understandable language."
- Dr. Fran Hickey, Medical Director of the Sie Center for Down Syndrome, Children's Hospital Colorado