Be Fit, Be Strong, Be You$17.95 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Be Fit, Be Strong, Be YouEffective, easy-to-use self-care skills to take control of kids' fitness & diet while developing healthy self-esteem
Age Range: 8 to 13
Tweens learn effective, easy-to-use self-care skills to take control of their fitness and diet while developing healthy self-esteem to become healthy kids overall. Whether they are underweight, overweight, or just the right weight, this book shows kids how to take a positive, holistic approach to their health and wellness.
With two highly professional, well-renowned contributors in the medical, psychology and children/youth fields, the co-authors of Be Fit, Be Strong, Be You provides kid-friendly tools healthy kids need: knowledge about exercise and nutrition for kids and self-care skills they can use to stay positive and focused.
Specific tips on eating, exercise, and self-esteem include planning meals and healthy on-the-go snacks, food journaling, building exercise into the day, and using affirmations. These are accompanied by self-care skills such as belly breathing, positive imagery, aromatherapy, acupressure, and yoga. Kids learn how their body, mind, and spirit are connected and work together to make a whole, healthy self. You can count on finding sound, accessible kids' health ideas, activities, and self-care skills. Kids:
- learn how the right food can help them be healthy
- find the right weight for their bodies
- increase their self-confidence
- feel better for school, sports, hobbies, and other activities
- look their best
- discover fun ways to be active
No matter how healthy kids are now, they can do more to help themselves and be in charge of their health and wellness.