Autism Language Launcher: A Parent's Guide to Helping Your Child Turn Sounds and Words into Simple Conversations$37.99 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Autism Language LauncherWritten for parents, relatives, professionals, educators, or caregivers of a child or adult who is not yet verbal, making some sounds, using some words, speaking in single words, or using two-word phrases
Do you want to help your child on the autism spectrum to verbally communicate with you and others?
You've picked up the right book.
The Autism Language Launcher gives you something totally new: a step-by-step guide that ignites language lift-off by using methods such as tapping into your child's innate intelligence, going with your child instead of against your child and providing techniques that work with adults on the spectrum.
Written for parents, relatives, professionals, educators, or caregivers of a child or adult who is not yet verbal, making some sounds, using some words, speaking in single words, or using two-word phrases, this book uses the author's decades of experience with children and adults on the spectrum. Kate also demonstrates how to effectively address your child's echolalia, repetitious language, and repetitive questions in a way that your child will find supportive, bonding, and even joyful. Ultimately, this book shows you how to make language happen.
For parents of children with autism, carers, education professionals.
Table of Contents
- What is Possible for My Child?
- The Son-Rise Program ABC Model: Timing is Everything.
- Creating a Speech-Launching Environment.
- Interactive Attention Span.
- The Power of What You Say To Your Child.
- Invite Without Pushing.
- Listen and Enjoy.
- Respond Respond Respond.
- Use The Name It Technique.
- Ask Your Child to Speak.
- The Son-Rise Developmental Model: Verbal Communication.
- Stage 1 Goals.
- Stage 2 Goals.
- Stage 3 Goals.
- Frequently Asked Questions.