Assessment of Childhood Disorders, 4ed:$152.00 Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
This leading text and clinical guide offers best-practice recommendations for assessing a comprehensive array of child and adolescent mental health problems and health risks. Prominent authorities present evidence-based approaches that can be used in planning, implementing, and evaluating real-world clinical services. Coverage encompasses behaviour disorders, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, developmental disorders, maltreatment, and adolescent problems.
The volume emphasises the need to evaluate clients' strengths as well as their deficits, and to take into account the developmental, biological, familial, and cultural contexts of problem behaviour.
New to This Edition:
- Incorporates advances in knowledge on child and family disorders and evidence-based assessment.
- Chapters on bipolar disorder, suicidal and self-harming behaviours, post traumatic stress disorder, early-onset schizophrenia, learning disabilities, and adolescent personality disorders.
Table of Contents
- Assessment of Child and Family Disturbance: A Developmental-Systems Approach, Eric J. Mash and John Hunsley
II. Behavior Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Bradley H. Smith, Russell A. Barkley, and Cheri J. Shapiro
- Conduct and Oppositional Disorders, Robert J. McMahon and Paul J. Frick
- Adolescent Substance Use and Abuse, Ken C. Winters, Tamara Fahnhorst, and Andria Botzet
III. Mood Disorders and Suicide Risk
- Child and Adolescent Depression, Karen D. Rudolph and Sharon F. Lambert
- Pediatric Bipolar Disorder, Eric Youngstrom
- Adolescent Suicidal and Nonsuicidal Self-Harm Behaviors and Risk, David B. Goldston and Jill S. Compton
IV. Anxiety Disorders
- Anxiety in Children and Adolescents, Michael A. Southam-Gerow and Bruce F. Chorpita
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Kenneth E. Fletcher
V. Developmental Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders, Sally Ozonoff, Beth L. Goodlin-Jones, and Marjorie Solomon
- Early-Onset Schizophrenia, Michael G. McDonell and Jon M. McClellan
- Intellectual Disability (Mental Retardation), Benjamin L. Handen
- Learning Disabilities, Deborah L. Speece and Sara J. Hines
VI. Children At Risk
- Child Abuse and Neglect, Claire V. Crooks and David A. Wolfe
- Child Sexual Abuse, Vicky Veitch Wolfe
VII. Problems of Adolescence
- Eating Disorders, Eric Stice and Carol B. Peterson
- Personality Disorders, Rebecca L. Shiner