Asperger Syndrome A Practical Guide for Teachers: Second Edition$63.99, Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
This fully revised new edition is a clear and concise guide to effective classroom practice for teachers and support assistants working with children with Asperger Syndrome in mainstream schools and other non-specialist settings. The authors of this updated new edition:
- outline the underlying impairments and their educational implications
- consider the issues of assessment and diagnosis
- offer practical strategies for effective and realistic classroom intervention, including access to the national Curriculum
- also consider the behavioural challenges the child with Asperger Syndrome may pose
- explore the pathways through diagnosis and intervention
- show how the transitions made by students with Asperger Syndrome from school to college can be supported.
The book seeks to inform professionals meeting a child with Asperger Syndrome for the first time and equips them with effective educational and behavioural intervention strategies.
Professionals in special schools, educational psychologists, parents and carers will all find this book essential.