Ask Me A Question: Activities to improve understanding and use of Wh-questionsRRP - $61.77 Our Price - $54.5 Spiral Bound
Add to cartQuestions?
- Ask Me A QuestionSkill in asking questions is important if children are to use language effectively to acquire new information - use to teach comprehension & expressive use of the wh-questions forms.
Age Range: 6 to 12
Ask Me a Question is an activity kit that you can use to teach comprehension and expressive use of the wh-questions forms. Situations ranging from the familiar to the absurd are depicted in pictures showing cartoon characters in a variety of settings. Suggestions for eliciting who, what, when, where, and why questions during storytelling activities and in conversational speech are included.
The book is divided into five sections:
- Let's Ask Questions. Students learn when to use each type of question form and are provided with structured practice in asking questions.
- Answering Wh-Questions. Students practice answering questions as they talk about objects, places, and situations. Questions relate to information presented in pictures.
- Asking Wh-Questions Relating to Stories. After listening to each story, students ask questions relating to the story content.
- Student Story Activities. Students create stories about pictures, make up questions, and other students respond to these questions.
- Supplemental Activities. Students are challenged to ask questions about a problem situation, to identify and correct errors in wh-questions, to conduct interviews by asking questions, etc.
A variety of reproducible worksheets are included in this practical, easy-to-use book.