Anxiety, Depression & Anger Toolbox for Teens: 150 Powerful Mindfulness, CBT & Positive Psychology Activities to Manage Emotions$52.80 Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
- Anxiety, Depression & Anger Toolbox for TeensDraws on mindfulness, CBT, and positive psychology for teens to take control of their distressing thoughts and over-the-top emotions.
This new mood management toolbox brings together the powers of mindfulness, CBT, and positive psychology for teens to take control of their distressing thoughts and over-the-top emotions.
With over 30 years of clinical experience, Dr. Jeffrey Bernstein shares high-impact tools for teens' biggest demands: school, social connections, body-image, and family dynamics. Inside you'll find 150 downloadable activities and worksheets to take control of:
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Overwhelming assignments
- Schedule demands
- Friend drama and pressure
- Body-image struggles
- Test anxiety
- Self-sabotaging behaviors
- Family frustration and conflicts
"The Anxiety, Depression & Anger Toolbox for Teens provides a platform for teens and parents to identify the often conflicting emotions experienced during the journey of adolescence. This “toolbox” is a superb resource for teachers and counselors; also Dr. Bernstein’s activities help the reader understand the “why” behind the often overwhelming feelings experienced by teens, in addition to the “how” of managing the emotions. I highly recommend this excellent resource for enhancing your pre-teen or teen’s emotional intelligence and their communication skills."
- Sherry Skyler Kelly, PhD, clinical neuropsychologist/licensed psychologist, founder of PositiviTeens
"Dr. Bernstein is a gifted psychologist and writer who has once again found a way to supply a vast range of useful clinical strategies in a gentle, thoughtful and accessible manner. I am looking forward to sharing many of these ideas, reflections and exercises with my patients, and believe that they will have great relevance and applicability for the countless teens who struggle through the inescapable emotional turbulence of adolescence."
- Brad Sachs, PhD, psychologist and author of The Good Enough Child, The Good Enough Teen, and When No One Understands
"Dr. Bernstein once again offers practical, insightful tips through his skillful integration of mindfulness, positive psychology, cognitive therapy, and more that is user-friendly and engaging for a wide range of teens and caregivers alike."
- Chris Willard, PsyD, clinical psychologist, Harvard Medical School, and co-author of Alphabreaths and The Growing Mindful Card Deck
"As teenage anxiety and depression escalate at an unprecedented clip, Dr. Jeffrey Bernstein offers a vital resource of insightful, actionable support. His toolbox of worksheets and targeted, concise guidance helps teens, parents, educators, and therapists flip the narrative of anger and conflict created by academic pressure, home clashes and social issues with friends. You will want to follow his direction to resolve the distress of your adolescents or those you work with so that they can tamp down the stressors that fuel teen anxiety and depression, and gain control of their emotions and lives."
- Susan Newman, PhD, social psychologist and author of The Book of No: 365 Ways to Say It and Mean it -and Stop People-Pleasing Forever
"Written in a voice that young adults can relate to, Dr. Bernstein puts right out there the issues teens are faced with at home, in school, in the media and in the world at large. The activities show teens how to welcome and cope with their daunting realities. By taking deep, focused reflections and using the quick and highly effective strategies that Dr. Bernstein describes, teens can learn how to cope and live happily. I recommend this book to anyone who works with teenagers in any setting."
- Ivan J. Katz, EdD, superintendent of schools, Fallsburg Central School District, Fallsburg, NY