Amber Guardians: 10 book setRRP - $148.95 Our Price - $119.95 Set
Add to cartQuestions?
- Amber GuardiansDesigned to bridge the gap between structured reading & mainstream reading, aiming to build reading stamina & increase confidence to move on.
Age Range: 8 to 14
A chance discovery of an ancient necklace soon leads Finn and his friends on an incredible quest....
This series of 10 books has a higher text-to-illustration ratio and is designed to bridge the gap between our structured reading series and mainstream reading. The aim of the books is to build reading stamina and increase confidence to move on.
Studies show that using morphological strategies for reading and spelling is a very efficient way of building literacy skills. The series and accompanying workbook focus on the study of English morphemes. This will help students to understand the meaning of prefixes, suffixes, and root words, which in turn enhances the comprehension of text being read.
The latest in our quest series, Amber Guardians, features Finn, a well-known character from our Magic Belt Series, as well as introducing new and exciting companions on his latest quest.
- Higher text-to-illustration ratio
- Age-appropriate illustrations and story lines that engage and encourage the pupil to read on
- Focuses on reading, spelling and comprehension
- Enhances vocabulary development
- Reader-friendly layout
Table of Contents
Book 1: City of Secrets
- Suffixes 's', 'es', 'ed' and 'ing'
Book 2: The Bones of Ruin
- Suffixes 'ful', 'less', 'ness', 'er', 'est', 'lg', 'en', 'ish', 'y', 'able' and 'ible'
Book 3: Into the Unknown
- Prefixes 'un', 'in', 'im', 'il', 'ir', 'mis' and 'dis'
Book 4: Roots of Corruption
- Prefixes 're', 'pre', 'post', 'ante' and 'anti'
Book 5: Trials and Trickery
- Prefixes 'uni', 'bi', 'tri', 'quad', 'dec', 'cent' and 'multi'
Book 6: Impossible Transforamation
- Prefixes 'sub', 'super', 'trans', 'inter' and 'ex'
Book 7: Facing Fears
- Prefixes 'magna'/'magni','mega','min'/'mini' and 'micro'
Book 8: Bounty in the Lagoon
- Root words 'cap'/'capit', 'man', 'spect', 'ped', 'bio', 'viv'/'vit' and 'mort'
Book 9: Sounds of the Sirens
- Root words 'dict', 'gnaph', 'scrib'/'script' and 'mem'
Book 10: Guardians Unite
- Root words ject', 'tract', 'port', 'struct', 'labour', 'fact' and 'form'