Act It Out: One Year of Social Skills Lessons for Students Grades 7-12$42.95 Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
- Act It OutOne year of social skills lessons that addresses teens' need to use social skills through motivating scripts, skits, & guided practice.
Age Range: 12 to 18
Social Skills for Teens with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Related Disorders.
This innovative social skills curriculum addresses teens' need to effectively use social skills across settings through motivating scripts, skits, and guided practice. The curriculum is designed for the busy teacher who wants to have fun, constructive lessons, giving students unique opportunities to show their acting skills and experience emotional responses in controlled environments.
Table of Contents
- Self Introduction
- Conversation Skills
- Apology - Do's & Don'ts
- Self Advocacy
- Time and Place
- Strategies in Flexible Thinking
- Response to Teasing
- Recovery from a Social Mistake
- Interests: Sharing with others
- The Importance of 'Plan B'
- Nonverbal Communication
- Personal Responsibility
- Sharing Too much Information
- The Act of Pretending Not to Notice
Warm Up Discussion Topics
"This book offers a meaningful way to teach social skills that results in meaningful peer relationships, a new repertoire of social skills, and fun!!! If an interest in acting exists, individuals with autism spectrum disorder — and all individuals — should have access to this very essential social activity. This book is a must read!"
- Brenda Smith Myles