Visible Learning Insights$48.99 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Visible Learning InsightsThis short & elegant introduction outlines just what is required to translate Hattie's research into improved school performance.
Visible Learning Insights presents a fascinating 'inside view' of the ground-breaking research of John Hattie. Together, the authors John Hattie and Klaus Zierer embark on a mission to build on the internationally renowned work and combine the power and authority of the research with the real ‘coal face’ experience of schools.
Offering a concise introduction into the ‘Visible Learning Story’, the book provides busy teachers with a guide to why the Visible Learning research is so vital and the difference it can make to learning outcomes. It includes:
- An in-depth dialogue between John Hattie and Klaus Zierer.
- Clearly structured chapters that focus on the core messages of ‘Visible Learning’ and infer practical consequences for the everyday job of teaching.
- FAQs to Visible Learning that provide an invaluable introduction to the language of learning and success in schools.
- An overview of the current data set with over 1,400 meta-analyses.
Intended for teachers, teacher students, education researchers, parents, and all who are interested in successful learning, teaching, and schooling, this short and elegant introduction outlines just what is required to translate Hattie’s research into improved school performance.
Table of Contents
- "It depends on the teacher's expertise." John Hattie in dialogue with Klaus Zierer
- The Visible Learning story: Insights into Visible Learning
- What is inescapable: Students and their family background
- What does not have much effect by itself: Structures, framework conditions, and curricular programmes
- Where learning becomes visible: Teaching and learning processes
- What really matters: Teachers and their passion
- What are the landmarks? A summary
- What’s missing: An outlook
- To start with: Ideas for practice
- Appendix A: FAQs
- Appendix B: 250-plus factors