Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Mathematics, 2ed: A practical guide$69.99 Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
- Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Mathematics, 2edOutlines current thinking in the field and shows how the research methods that have been proven as successful can be used with whole classes of children.
Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Mathematics will be an essential resource for teachers, classroom assistants, and SENCOs who help dyslexic and dyscalculic children with their understanding of mathematics. Written in an accessible style with helpful illustrations, this practical book reveals helpful ways in which to tackle both simple and complex concepts with students of all ages.
This second edition has been updated to include references to using technology that will help children with dyslexia and dyscalculia reinforce their mathematical skills and also contains a number of photocopiable resources that can be used in the classroom. Written by Anne Henderson, who is experienced in teaching language and mathematics to pupils with dyslexia and dyscalculia, this book outlines current thinking in the field and shows how the research methods that have been proven as successful can be used with whole classes of children.
This book encourages flexible methods and gives teachers the confidence to discuss alternative solutions with their pupils and help them achieve success. It is an ideal handbook for parent-teacher programmes and is also suitable for in-service training.
Table of Contents
- Dyslexia and Dyscalculia
- Factors Affecting Learning
- The Language of Mathematics
- Assessment, Intervention Strategies and Teaching
- Early Numeracy Skills
- Developing Number Skills
- Shape, Space and Measures
- Handling Data
- Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Technology