Age Range: 5 to 18
Bringing Words To Life 2ed: Robust Vocabulary Instruction$54.99, Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
Hundreds of thousands of teachers have used this highly practical guide to help K–12 students enlarge their vocabulary and get involved in noticing, understanding, and using new words. Grounded in research, the book explains how to select words for instruction, introduce their meanings, and create engaging learning activities that promote both word knowledge and reading comprehension. The authors are trusted experts who draw on extensive experience in diverse classrooms and schools. Sample lessons and vignettes, children's literature suggestions, end-of-chapter summaries, and "Your Turn" learning activities enhance the book's utility as a classroom resource, professional development tool, or course text.
New to This Edition
- Reflects over a decade of advances in research-based vocabulary instruction.
- Chapters on vocabulary and writing; assessment; and differentiating instruction for struggling readers and English language learners, including coverage of response to intervention (RTI).
- Expanded discussions of content-area vocabulary and multiple-meaning words.
- Many additional examples showing what robust instruction looks like in action.
- Appendix with a useful menu of instructional activities.
This book is invaluable for K–12 classroom teachers; reading specialists and coaches; special educators; teacher educators and students in literacy programs.