The Hidden Curriculum and Other Everyday Challenges for Elementary-Age Children With High-Functioning Autism$23.95 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- The Hidden Curriculum and Other Everyday Challenges for Elementary-Age Children With High-Functioning AutismThis reader-friendly book provides social rules that help children with peer relationships, school and everyday activities.
Age Range: 4 to 10
In this 2nd expanded edition, previously entitled Practical Solutions to Everyday Challenges for Children with Asperger Syndrome, young authors Haley Myles and Annellise Kolar give simple, no-nonsense advice on how to handle everyday occurrences that can be challenging for children on the autism spectrum. This reader-friendly book provides social rules that help children with peer relationships, school and everyday activities. New hidden curriculum tips, including tips on Internet safety, provide children essential social rules for succeeding in an ever-changing interactive world.
- Expanded to include new helpful hints on topics such as internet safety, birthday parties, problem solving, and more.
- Geared towards children in primary school and made especially powerful because it is written by two young authors who understand and can relate to the difficulties faced by children on the spectrum
- Addresses challenges faced by children on the spectrum, such as school rules, making friends, dealing with emotions, as well as life skills such as first aid and personal safety.
- Hidden curriculum items and other recommendations are explained in child-friendly language.
- Blank pages at the back of the book allow children to create their own hidden curriculum items, encouraging them to identify the unwritten rules in their lives.