Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Australian Freight Rates:
- $8.95 for orders up to 25kg
Rest of Australia (all States and Territories)
- $8.95 for orders up to 1 kg
- $9.95 for orders up to 6 kg (up to 3kg for rural areas)
- $18.95 for orders up to 18 kg (except rural areas)
- larger/rural orders charged based on weight and destination
National, under 500g:
- $2.95 for DVD
- $3.95 for thin book (less than 2cm)
Note that we cannot use couriers to deliver to a PO Box and Australia Post charges can be significantly higher for some areas.
New Zealand Freight Rates:
- $12.95 for orders up to 1kg
- $16.50 for orders up to 2kg
- $9.00 + $3.95/kg for orders 2kg+ to 20kg
- Deliveries are tracked
- We can quote you on an untracked economy service at your request & risk
Rest of World:
- We will quote you on the cheapest available tracked service before processing your payment.
We have entered into a partnership with Silvereye Learning Resources to provide this bookshop. We work with Silvereye to curate a list of resources appropriate for our community. Silvereye then does all the backend processing and dispatches Bookshop orders for us.
Australian and New Zealand customers can pay by EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer). Just select the EFT payment method at checkout and we will email you instructions to make payment directly from your bank account. We now also accept OSKO/PayID payments which are almost instant and so avoid the typical 2 to 3 day delay with bank transfers.
Please note that all credit/debit card transactions and personal data entered on our website are encrypted using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) security. Your web browser should display a padlock when you transact on our website.
We process and dispatch Australian and New Zealand orders daily and most orders are dispatched within 14 days. We hold extensive stock and so can dispatch many orders directly. For items temporarily out of stock or which need to be specially ordered, there is usually only a short wait - we have quick turnaround from local publishers and we restock from US and UK publishers every couple of weeks.
Backordered titles may be awaiting a reprint or not yet published. We also work with a wide array of publishers, some of whom have longer lead times for delivery. If there is going to be a longer than usual delay, we will let you know.
If an item you receive is faulty, please contact us straight away. Where possible we will provide a replacement for any faulty items or alternatively you can ask for a refund. If you are in any doubt as to your entitlements under this policy, please refer to the Australian Consumer Law which we fully comply with.
Note that we do not offer refunds or exchanges if you simply change your mind. Please choose your order carefully as returned goods will not be accepted without prior authorisation (at our discretion).
If returns are made without authorisation, costs will still be charged to your account and no credit given.
Terms of Trade
- Postage and Handling costs on all orders are at the customer's expense and are in addition to all indicated prices on this website and in any flyers, price lists, catalogues or any other materials we may produce from time to time.
- Redelivery charges from our courier partners will be passed on to you - these normally result from incorrect address details being provided or the receiver not being available and/or not responding to courier messages.
- You must notify us of any losses or damage in transit within 14 days of dispatch. We send you an email with the freight carrier's tracking link on dispatch so that you can follow-up any delays directly. Your failure to promptly notify us of any issues will void our responsibility for any refund or replacement.
- All Backorders are subject to a Freight Charge unless waived at our absolute discretion.
- International Orders are subject to freight based on weight and destination.
- All prices on this website are in Australian doilars.
- If you are in Australia, all prices on this website include GST.
- NZ Orders can be paid by EFT in NZ dollars or by card in Australian dollars. If you would like to pay in NZ dollars, choose EFT as the Payment Method at checkout. School orders will be processed in NZ dollars if you select Purchase Order or Quote as the Payment Method.
- Prices are subject to change at anytime. You are welcome to check current prices prior to placing an order.
- Pre-payment is required for personal and overseas orders.
- All Accounts are strictly 14 Days from date of invoice and are payable on the invoice. (No Statement will be issued)
- An Account Administration fee of 10% of invoice value will be charged for outstanding accounts over 30 days (from invoice date) and $2.20 for replacement copies of an invoice. Accounts that exceed ninety (90) days will be forwarded to a legal representative and all additional costs associated are to be borne by the customer.
- We do not give credits in cheque/cash or credit on credit card. Credits are added to accounts for future purchases.
- We are able to order resources which are not listed on our website, but for overseas titles there is a waiting period of up to 8 weeks for delivery. These are classed as Special Orders and are also strictly Firm Sale.
Please understand any credit given is a privilege not a right, not adhering to these terms of trade will result in a loss of credit and Pre-payment required for future orders.