F Is for FeelingsRRP - $22.95 Our Price - $19.95 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- F Is for FeelingsFriendly & positive, this picture book uses an alphabet-book format to share and reinforce emotional language.
Age Range: 3 to 8
Young children often need help learning and practising their “feelings words” so they can express themselves well. When children learn from an early age to share their feelings in clear and healthy ways, they are more likely to grow into adults who feel capable of handling life’s challenges.
Friendly and positive, this picture book uses an alphabet-book format to share and reinforce emotional language and the ideas that while some feelings are more comfortable than others, all emotions are natural and important. Charming, colourful illustrations accompany the sweet and simple text. A section in the back provides tips and activities for parents and caregivers to reinforce the themes and lessons of the book.
- the perennially popular alphabet-book format combines with social-emotional learning for a valuable resource
- the authors are experienced psychologists with a special interest in young children’s emotional health
- Colourful, sensitive, and inviting illustrations reinforce feelings language through facial expressions and posture to help young children recognise emotions.
"A discussion-starter for caregivers offers help for children struggling to describe their emotions . . . Perfect for classrooms and homes alike."
- ForeWord Reviews
"What a wonderful book for children and their grown-ups alike! As a mother, and as a clinical psychologist who works primarily with post-secondary students, I am keenly aware of the importance of helping people of all ages to learn to experience and express their full range of emotions. Emotions are, quite simply, our guiding compass. Teaching children about emotions when they are young is a fundamental building block for good decision-making later in life."
- Dr. Sarah Thompson, Clinical Psychologist at Ryerson University’s Centre for Student Development and Counselling
"F Is for Feelings is fantastic! This book provides a comfortable, familiar structure of the ABCs to consider a wide range of feelings, both positive and not-so-positive, with self-talk examples throughout that may help children become more comfortable with emotions. Research is continually pointing us to the important role of feelings—they deserve a book of their own, and this is a great one!"
- Christine Wekerle, associate professor of pediatrics at McMaster University