Exploring Feelings - Anxiety Training Manual: A Guide For Group Leaders$23.10 Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
- Exploring Feelings - Anxiety Training ManualA manual for those working with high anxiety & Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) individuals in a group setting.
Written to accompany Exploring Feelings- Anxiety, this manual is intended to pass on experience to those working with high anxiety and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) individuals in a group setting.
Anxiety is so prevalent in young people with ASD, and is often at the core of behavioural issues perceived as anger or non-compliance. By addressing the main symptom, and doing so in a safe and informative group environment, both young people and their families and friends are sure to see vast improvement in anxiety levels. This manual is the key to enjoyable, successful, and rewarding group sessions, and to helping young people and their parents/ guardians build their “toolbox” of techniques for handling anxiety. The main message is, “do it!”
Seasoned group leaders have recorded and shared what worked best, what can be tweaked to suit your group, and how to best utilise the tasks and activities in Exploring Feelings through tried-and-true methods, including:
- Selecting group leaders and members
- Choosing where to hold group meetings and the benefits of different venues
- Program Flexibility and how to tailor activities to your group
- How to best involve parents and guardians … and so much more!