Been There. Done That. Try This!: An Aspie's Guide to Life on Earth$39.99 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Been There. Done That. Try This!The world's Aspie mentors pass on their insights for coping with key stressors such as self-esteem, employment, friendship, and love
The world's Aspie mentors pass on their insights for successful living!
Temple Grandin, Anita Lesko, Liane Holliday Willey, Jennifer O'Toole and many others, offer words of wisdom on coping with key stressors such as self-esteem, employment, friendship, and love. Based on their personal experience, Been There. Done That. Try This! is chock full of advice from Aspie mentors who have all been there and done that!
Illustrated with artwork from Aspie artists showing how they visually interpret each stressor, each chapter also includes step-by-step suggestions for overcoming the issue at hand from Asperger's Syndrome expert Dr. Tony Attwood.
Launching a mentorship movement within the autism community to help each other find success, this is an inspirational guide to life by Aspies for Aspies.
Table of Contents
The 17 Stressors.
- Overcoming Anxiety.
- Overcoming Poor Self-Esteem.
- Overcoming Depression.
- Living with Meltdowns.
- Making and Keeping Friends.
- Getting and Keeping a Job.
- Accepting and Working with Change.
- Understanding and Expressing Emotions.
- Living with Sensory Issues.
- Living with Personal Management Issues.
- Understanding and Succeeding with Intimacy, Dating, Sex and Marriage.
- Faking It.
- Disclosing a Diagnosis.
- Choosing a Career.
- Improving Empathetic Attunement.
- Should I be Tested for Asperger's?
About the Aspie Mentors.
Meet the Aspie Mentors.
The Survey Demographics.
The Survey Questionnaire.