100 Ideas for Supporting Learners with EAL$26.99 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- 100 Ideas for Supporting Learners with EAL100 inspirational, tried-and-tested ideas that can be used straight away by a range of practitioners supporting learners with English as an additional language (EAL).
100 Ideas for Supporting Learners with EAL is a practical book of ideas and support strategies for the induction, assessment, teaching and learning of students with English as an additional language (EAL). The ideas are adaptable for use with new to English, beginners and advanced learners of EAL.
- Setting up a parent conference
- Identifying and supporting gifted & talented learners
- Cross-cultural mathematics
- Effective questioning techniques
- Running a ‘Young Interpreter Scheme’
There is an emphasis on using ICT throughout the book, including where to find the best software, resources and websites. There is also a section on whole-school approaches to supporting learners with EAL. This book is an essential source of inspiration for teachers, support staff, senior managers and Ethnic Minority Achievement (EMA) specialists and co-ordinators.