Using Story Telling as a Therapeutic Tool with Children$37.99, Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
This practical handbook begins with the philosophy and psychology underpinning the therapeutic value of story telling. It shows how to use story telling as a therapeutic tool with children and how to make an effective response when a child tells a story to you. It is an essential accompaniment to the Helping Children with Feelings series and covers issues such as:
- Why story telling is such a good way of helping children with their feelings
- What resources you may need in a story-telling session
- How to construct your own therapeutic story for a child
- What to do when children tell stories to you
- Things to do and say when working with a child's story.
- The therapeutic value of story
- How to use storytelling as a therapeutic tool with children
- How to make an effective response when a child tells a story to you